What We Are Already Doing To Make A Difference
Our efforts already in place in reducing carbon footprint at Midlands Park Hotel:
- We have recently installed two electric car charging points in the car park of the hotel to assist our electric driving guests throughout their stay.
- LED lights are now in place throughout the hotel.
- Biodegradable pens are in use in all meeting rooms and bedrooms.
- Fully compostable cups are in use throughout the hotel for take away hot drinks.
- We will be removing single use sachets for sauce in our restaurants and reintroducing ramekins.
- Food waste is monitored closely to see how we can reduce this on an ongoing basis.
- We have a user-friendly waste management process in place.
- We have introduced pump dispensers in all bathrooms for body wash and shampoo instead of using single use bottles.
- An introduction of SMARTFLOW – a water monitor that can track where the high and low usage is coming from and detects any leaks so they can be resolved as soon as possible.
- We ask that our guests only leave towels on the floor if they want them to be laundered, this saves on a lot of towels being washed unnecessarily.
- Where possible we source our food produce locally, all fruit and veg sourced from Browns across the road, reducing our carbon footprint by reducing distance delivery vehicles need to travel to reach us.
- All coffee and tea is sustainably sourced from a fairtrade company being Java.
- Bike to work scheme offered to staff to reduce carbon emissions by cycling instead of driving.
- Digital key card access to bedrooms and meeting rooms.
- Tablets used for ordering in restaurant outlets to reduce paper waste.
We are delighted to announce Midlands Park Hotel has achieved the Eco-Label Award by implementing an Environmental Action Plan focusing on Energy, Waste & Water Management.READ MORE