What Lies Ahead
We are working towards installing solar panels to reserve energy in the building. We want to be the most environmentally friendly hotel in Ireland by 2025.
Please See Below Our Goals for the Coming Years
- To reduce our Energy consumption by 30% in 2025 over 2019 and reduce Carbon Emissions by 450 Tonnes.
- To reduce consumption of Mains Water by 40% in 2025 over 2019 which will be the equivalent of 12,000 cubic meters or 12,000,000 litres of water.
- Training of Staff on correct segregation of waste and to reduce the waste we send to landfill by 25 Tonnes by 2025 over 2019 figures.
- To engage with our suppliers to reduce packaging by 20% over 2019 figures.
- To increase usage of recycled paper products to 75% of all paper/cardboard purchased.
Community Social Responsibility
- To support a local school in their Green Flag Environmental Activities
- To engage in a local “Clean Up” at least once a year in conjunction with the Tidy Towns Competition
- To communicate monthly our performance and achievements through the hotel website.